The Institute for European, Russian and Eurasian Studies holds discussions and seminars throughout the year on a wide range of topics pertaining to Europe and Eurasia. These generally include domestic developments, international relations, history, security, economics and culture. We also have some more specific areas of study for which we hold seminars and conferences.
- a project on History, Memory and the Politics of the Past
- the Petrach program on Ukraine
- the Program on New Approaches to Research and Security in Eurasia (PONARS Eurasia)
- a journal on post-Soviet democratization, Demokratizatsiya
- the Stuart program on Northern Europe
- the George Washington Cold War Group
- the Central Asia Program and Central Asian Affairs
This first two of these encompass not only Europe and Eurasia, but the whole globe. The latter are more geographically focused.